Former Congressman Wes and Oklahoma A&M Regent Lou Watkins truly believe in the virtues of helping under-served communities in other countries as a means to both improve their quality of life and to serve as positive representatives of Oklahoma and the United States. As a result, the Wes and Lou Watkins Matthew 25:40 Scholarships have been made possible by a generous commitment from the Watkins to establish an endowment providing permanent scholarship support to Oklahoma State University students. These scholarships provide an additional incentive for students to travel abroad to participate in community improvement projects in developing countries. Thanks to this generous commitment, Oklahoma State University will be able to award scholarships to students every year.
• Recipients must be enrolled as a full-time student at Oklahoma State University or part-time in the summer session.
• Priority goes to students who actively participate in non-traditional study (service) opportunities in undeveloped countries addressing issues of hunger, health, education, and poverty. Special consideration will be given to students pursuing work at orphanages and child welfare organizations.
• Multiple scholarships are awarded, and OSU students are encouraged to apply, especially if they have a background in FFA or 4-H Club. Preference will be given to one incoming student from Northern Oklahoma College, who intends to complete their education at Oklahoma State University.
• Provide a short description of the overseas service opportunity
• A written summary of your project and experience shall be provided for Wes and Lou Watkins upon completion of your overseas service experience.
Please select Fall of the academic year you're going abroad. For example, Fall 2018 = abroad Summer 2019. Fall 2019 = abroad Summer 2020.